NOTE: We have bolded the policy sections to help you find them quicker. Please take the time to review the policies that apply. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately at (855) 754-2506 .
Keep It Moving, LLC., is dedicated to providing safe and efficient moves to each of its valued customers. To do this, the company has put some policies in place that will enable each customer to have the smoothest move possible. Each policy is detailed below & in our Terms & Condition’s PDF. Our move coordinators are available to answer any questions you have about any of the following information.
Our moving estimates are based on the information you provided and our experience and expertise. This is only an estimate, actual time may vary. The actual time can vary due to lack of preparation, poor access at job site, or additional items to be moved not originally accounted for in the bid. Job cost is directly correlated to access and quantity of household goods to be moved. We do our best to accurately estimate the cost of your move but due to variables out of our control, Keep It Moving, LLC does not guarantee completion time. Due to scheduling constraints Keep It Moving, LLC. reserves the right to send more or less personnel depending on availability and need.
1. Guidance, Walk-trough and Payment. The customer or his representative must be present during the move at all times. We need your guidance! It is customer’s responsibility to do a final “walkthrough” of the premises to ensure we have taken everything. Our time runs continuously until all tools and equipment are back in the truck and payment is completed. Keep It Moving, LLC. has a 2 hour minimum. Please make sure you have your payment ready to go at the end of the job to avoid paying for any extra time.
2. Payment Options. We accept the following: Cash, money order, personal and business checks, cashier’s check, or a credit card VISA/MC/DISCOVER/AMEX. If you use a credit card there will be a 5% Visa, MasterCard, Discover or a 5% for AMEX convenience fee, so please budget that into your expenses.
3. Long Distance/ Interstate Moves. We require cash or money order/cashier’s check at the time of delivery for any balance due on long-distance moves. If you wish to pay using a credit or debit card you must inform us prior to your delivery and make appropriate arrangements with our office. We charge 5% convenience fee for this service. The delivery drivers for long-distance moves cannot process/accept any forms of payment other than cash, money order or cashier’s check. For all interstate moves we require 30% deposit to secure crew and truck for your move (see our policy on deposits, section ‘very strict policy’), another 60% due at the pickup time and the balance due at the delivery before unloading.
4. Items that MUST Be Removed Prior to Moving Day: On moving day please make sure you have all the following items removed and placed in your vehicle or a secure & locked area: All medications, checks, passports, documents, precious stones, jewelry, cash, coins, expensive china & glassware, credit cards, firearms, statuary, flammables, stocks & bonds, furs, fine art, collectibles, computers, laptops, gaming consoles and games or other similar valuables. Prior to your move we will be asked to sign a waiver that all has been completed.
5. Cancellation Fee: We have a cancellation fee of $50% of your deposit if you do not cancel within 48 hours prior to your move. We do not have a fee for re-scheduling your move unless you re-schedule it within 48 hours of your originally scheduled move.
6. Philadelphia Residents. Well known for having small, tight stairwells and entrances. Sometimes modern day furniture does not fit into these places. Our crew will do their best, but we cannot be held responsible if an item does not fit into your residence. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not be responsible for damage caused by any non-routine moving including, but not limited to; hoisting, standing pieces on end, handing items over railings, sharp turns, overcrowded areas, and tight hallways/entrances.
7. Parking Arrangements. Customer is responsible for requesting moving permits if ones may be required. We can only recommend getting permits for all moves as they guarantee parking the moving truck as close as possible to your doorway. Because you are familiar with the parking situation on your street, you must decide if you need one or if you can manage parking on your own. In most cases we require 20-40 feet to park the truck. Please get moving permits if you think movers may have trouble parking at your address or let us know, so we can take appropriate arrangements for you. We highly recommend getting permits at your local police precincts. If there is nowhere to park at the time of mover’s arrival, the crew will start your moving clock while they will be searching for parking. Driver reserves the right to park anywhere at his discretion to better perform services, even if it is illegal and/or he has to double-park. Customer agrees to pay any parking fees or tickets assessed to the carrier for any vehicle under hire by the customer at the time of the charge.
8. Damages and Claims: Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department. Applicable notes about these damages must be made in writing on the bill of lading on the day of your move before movers leave your premises. Our company standards do assume a full inspection of furniture by both our movers and customers; however the final inspection is the responsibility of the customer. All of our customers sign a bill of lading upon completion of a move. It reads “I have inspected my goods and premises, including but not limited to elevators, floors, and stairwells. There are no damages except as noted. The cab and the back of the truck are empty and the job is complete”. For any insurance company this document is critical in noting charges the same day, to ensure the damage occurred that day and that coverage could be provided. Unless payment is made in full as is due we are not required to answer or process a claim. Do not assume you may deduct the money from the final bill to compensate yourself in the event of damage. This is ILLEGAL. Please be advised that all claims are handled and processed by a Moving Claim Services which is a third party claims specialist. Claim must be submitted to our Third Party Moving Claims department in writing accompanied by all or any proof including but not limited to pictures, inventory description forms, videos and all copies of bill of ladings, addendums, or any other document given to you by the Mover. Should you inccur a loss involving Keep It Moving, LLC. Please submit all photos, videos, and copies of all documents given to you at the time of delivery to:
Moving Claim Services
Teresa M. Cappuccio
Senior Claims Adjuster
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. EST
9. Refrigerator Move. We only move empty freezers/refrigerators. Please empty the contents for safe moving. We are happy to load these last and unload them first.
10. Grandfather Clocks. You are responsible for removing the pendulum, chimes and weights. Clocks are very delicate to and may need to be retuned or adjusted after you move has been completed by a professional.
11. Dresser Drawers, File Cabinets, Desk Drawers. Please empty all dresser drawers, file cabinets and desk drawers. Remember that the furniture will have to be lifted and carried, so if it’s overstuffed and extra heavy it will be more difficult to handle. If the furniture will have to be navigated through challenging obstacles, like a winding staircase, it’s usually best to remove everything, even the drawers, as it may be necessary to flip the furniture on its side or upside-down to get it through. The more prepared you are the more efficient we can be and the quicker the job can be completed. Loose and unpacked items can add time to the estimate.
12. Marble. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not be responsible for any or all types of marble, due to the age or hairline crack that can cause splitting. We recommend that you place the marble in your personal vehicles for safe transportation.
13. Last Minute Change of Service. If the move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, Keep It Moving, LLC. reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work. For example, you have originally ordered services for two (2) rooms move only. On the day of the move you adding additional rooms to move, not mentioned at the time of request, additional pickups/drop offs etc., which will significantly increase total move time. In order to make our schedule on time for the next move, we reserve the right to postpone additionally requested services till our next availability and/or after completion of other jobs that day.
14. Flat Screen TVs. These are susceptible to damage from extreme temperatures, slight bumps, and altitude changes. The original packaging is the best. In any case, please note that in the absence of physical evidence of external damage or negligence (visible damage) we are not responsible for TVs functioning after delivery. Please note item #4 in our EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY.
15. Weather Conditions. Keep It Moving,LLC. reserves the right to reschedule the move at an agreed upon time, without liability if there is inclement weather, including, but not limited to heavy/freezing rain, snow emergency, hurricane warning, weather travel ban etc. You will have the option of being rescheduled to our next available day. We will do our best to reschedule you as soon as possible.
16. Driveways: Keep It Moving, LLC. will not drive our truck off of the street surface or on very steep surfaces. In certain instances there may be time required to position the truck onto your property or in the street. Any time spent positioning the truck will be on the clock. Please be aware that positioning a large truck into some driveways may be extremely difficult. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not be responsible for any damage to your driveway, lawn, trees. Etc. Our drivers are very experienced and will be as careful as possible when positioning the truck.
17. Safe Pathways & Access to Abode. Please ensure that your walkways are safe especially in the winter and if there are any access problems: hills, long unpaved driveways, loose gravel, etc., please let us know. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not take a truck off pavement or on steep grades. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not drive a truck over freshly graveled driveways, lawn sidewalk or other area not designated for truck traffic. Doing so may cause ruts in the grass, cracking of concrete, loss of vegetation, damage to underground sprinklers, drain fields or other damage. Keep It Moving, LLC. is not responsible for any damage or towing charges, which may result, whether foreseeable or not. Any time spent positioning the truck(s) or time lost due to truck(s) getting stuck will be at customer's expense.
18. Right of Refusal. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not do anything that we feel is unsafe. We reserve the right not to service you under dangerous, unsanitary, or abusive conditions the determination of which is at our sole discretion and we will not be liable to you or any other entity for direct or consequential damages. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not work in unfloored attics. Ceiling damage and personal injury may result. Keep It Moving, LLC. assumes no responsibility for ceilings.
19. Elevator Times & Restrictions. You must notify us of any elevator time restrictions prior to confirming your move. This will ensure that we can meet those restrictions to the best of our ability. If we are not notified of the elevator restrictions prior to confirming your job we will not be held responsible for meeting the time restriction. If you notify us about an elevator time restriction after your move is scheduled with us we may not be able to meet that restriction and we will inform you if we can do so.
20. Certificate of Insurance. It is your responsibility to check with your building to see if we need to provide a certificate of insurance prior to the move or any other requirements that are necessary. If we are not notified of the certificate of insurance or other requirements we will not be held responsible. A full certificate of insurance usually requires a week to be processed. If your building needs a certificate of insurance we will need to know who to list as certificate holder, any additional insured’s, a fax number/e-mail address, and the name of a representative of whom to send it to. If you have any questions please ask ahead of time.
21. Self-Storage/ Labor Only Loading / Unlaoding Only. If you are loading or unloading into or out of self-storage, we are only responsible for damage caused while loading, or unloading of goods. If your are transporting your own goods , than our liabiltliy is limited to just loading or unloading of by Keep It Moving, LLC.'s personel. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide padding (blankets, thick towels, padded paper, etc.) to protect their goods. You can rent our blankets for $18 per blanket is due on the day of your move, and $6 will be refunded to you when you return them. We ask you to be present at the storage site to note the condition of your items. Our responsibility ends when the unloading is complete. We will move items into any storage unit of your choice, however items will be stacked in the storage unit and we have no control over people coming into or out your unit after that time. For this reason, our insurance coverage stops as soon as we unload the contents into storage. Days, weeks or months later, if damage is claimed or if items claimed lost or misplaced, there will be no coverage. Self-Storage moves are 100% at the customers own risk. Please purchase or rent pads and we will be happy to pad your furniture to keep it safe in storage. Keep in mind when we unload, we take our pads with us unless you purchase them.
22. Help with Your Move. Please note: Insurance regulations prohibit us from allowing you on the truck and if you choose to help with any part of the move, per our contract, we are excluded from liability for the entire move.
23. Simulated Wood Products and Pressed Board. These products have poor structural integrity, which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture. These items are excluded from any and all moving insurance coverage. A helpful tip from your friendly Keep It Moving, LLC. Furniture manufactured from pressboard and particleboard is designed to go into a box when it is moved from the manufacturer to the retailer then to the customer unassembled. It is not built to withstand the normal stresses of a move as an assembled unit. Most are not designed with the extra wood structural pieces to adequately brace the unit for movement out of or into a residence or office, nor the normal moving truck vibration, even in air-ride moving trailers. Usually chips or dents are not repairable. Surface impressions can be made on the furniture when writing on a single piece of paper – you can imagine how it must fare when stacked in a moving truck. Assembly instructions frequently suggest that connecting hardware pieces be glued in place. This does not significantly improve the structural integrity of the furniture, but does make disassembly impossible without creating substantial, irreparable damage. For these reasons, moving companies and third party insurers do not offer increased insurance coverage for these types of items. We will do our best to transport these items for you in a safe and careful manner, but because pressed wood furniture is so unstable we are unable to offer increased cargo valuation or increased insurance on these pieces. If damage does occur you will be able to submit a claim only for the basic cargo valuation coverage of $0.60 per pound. Full replacement value insurance excludes these items. Pressed wood and particleboard furniture is moved at your own risk!
24. Kids and Pets. For safety reasons and their protection, small children and pets must be out of work area
25. Disassemble & Re-assemble. Keep It Moving, LLC. does not re-assemble any item that we did not disassemble unless we feel it is safe. We can take apart simple items like bed frames; take legs off of tables, etc. We cannot disassemble or assemble any cribs. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not assemble or take apart anything that is too complex or that requires a manual. Please ask us prior to the move if you have a question. All CRIBS must be disassembled prior to moving day.
26. How to Save Money. Pack everything into uniform sized boxes with lids and mark them with the destination room. Stay close to the action. Move delicate items in your car. We are happy, to place them there and remove them. Disassemble your furniture before we arrive. Be as clear as possible with your directions to our crew.
27. Hoisting. Keep It Moving, LLC. are experts in hoisting. Please let us know if you are in need of hoisting ahead of time so we can be prepared. Our crew will do their best to hoist any objects in or out of your residence as long as we feel it is safe. We will not hoist anything that we feel is too heavy or unsafe. Because of the difficult nature of hoisting we will not be responsible for any property damage or damage to hoisted items. You are required to remove any windows for us to hoist. Our crew is not able to remove them due to liability purposes.
28. Aging and Deterioration. When moving household items, Keep It Moving, LLC., has found deterioration occurs over time due to age/heat/dry rotting. Wood dowels and furniture, mattresses lump and disfigure upon disturbing, lampshades and wiring also become brittle and rotten, and floor lamp base concrete may crumble and fell out. If you wish, we will move them carefully, but will not be responsible for damage of deteriorated items.
29. Unsafe/Unique Moving Circumstances. We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather. Keep It Moving, LLC. is not responsible for any direct or indirect damage to items or surroundings, as a result of a specific customer request. You will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt a move that we deem unsafe or unreasonable.
30. Flammables and Combustibles. Keep It Moving, LLC. will move no flammables or hazardous material due to safety laws and DOT regulations. As you prepare for your Philadelphia Commercial / Residential move, there are some things you should be prepared to move yourself or leave behind. Moving companies are not legally permitted to transport any hazardous materials! This includes items that are flammable, corrosive or combustible. What does this mean for you? If you have a gas barbecue grill you will need to disconnect the tank and take it with you or the grill stays where it is. Your lawnmower and other power lawn tools must be emptied of fuel or they do not go on the truck. You should also be sure to disconnect gas hookups for grills, dryers, water heaters and anything else that you plan to have your movers take. Moving companies cannot handle gas connections. Please contact your gas company for servicing. We do not disconnect gas appliances under no circumstances.
Non-allowable items include: sterno (jelled fuel), Fire Extinguishers, Household Batteries, Matches, Aerosols, Chemistry Sets, Kerosene, Cleaning Solvents, Darkroom Chemicals, Gasoline, Ammonia, Pool Chemicals, Propane/Propane Tanks, Nail Polish, Nail Polish Remover, Motor Oil, Fireworks, Car Batteries, Charcoal, Charcoal Lighter, Liquid Bleach, Fertilizer, Paints (latex & oil-based), Paint Thinner, Pesticides, Firearms, Ammunition, Poisons (such as weed killer), Lamp Oils, Fuels. Customers must make other arrangements to transport these items.
31. Potted Plants. Especially larger ones are very difficult to move when full. The vibrations of the truck can sometimes crack the pots when full. We will be able to move your potted plants for you if you wish. We do not move large potted plants weighing over 30 lbs. Keep It Moving, LLC. will not be responsible for any damages to any potted plants or the pot/container they are planted in.
32. Electrical Connection & Dis-connection. We cannot disconnect any water, electrical, or gas lines from any appliance or item. We also cannot disassemble any item that requires such a disconnection or connection. We will connect washer/dryer or ice makers, but is not responsible for the connections. You or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only. Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user. Keep It Moving, LLC. are not licensed plumbers.
33. Pianos & Safe Moving. Keep It Moving, LLC. loves moving big stuff. We move upright pianos, gun safes, jeweler safes, High-back pianos etc. Please check with us prior to the move to make sure we can safely move it. We move pianos & safes up or down any stairs.